Top Down / Bottom Up Shades
When it comes to privacy, light control and your view outside, there's no need to compromise one for another when you have top-down/bottom-up shades! These shades have the unique ability to also lower from the top for the utmost flexibility in how much light you let into the room without sacrificing privacy.
Learn More about "TDBU":
Blinds that open from the top and the bottom:
If you haven't seen or heard of top-down/bottom-up blinds and shades before, you might be wondering what we're talking about. The "bottom-up" part is the easiest, that's what every shade does – when you want the shade open, it raises from the bottom and stacks up at the top of the window.
For the "top-down" part, the top of the fabric portion of the shade is also suspended by cords from the shade's headrail (this is the part that is affixed to the top of your window). That way, you can also lower the top of the shade down towards the bottom of the window. The bottom and the top of the shade operate independently, so you can move either one up or down in any combination.
Benefits of top-down/bottom-up blinds:
Your options for light and privacy and the combination of these two important necessities are dramatically increased with top-down/bottom-up shades:
- Lowering the shade from the top allows light in while still maintaining privacy
- Looking out your window from the top without allowing anyone outside to look fully into your room
- Light entering from the top of the window is better distributed in the room instead of from the bottom when both light and privacy is desired
- Perfect for front windows, bedrooms (including windows facing neighbors), ground-floor windows, bathrooms, and more
- Available with traditional orders or with cordless lift for child safety and an uncluttered look
Styles of top-down/bottom-up shades:
Some types of blinds and shades simply can't be made with the top-down/bottom-up feature, but we carry all the great styles that can:
- Cellular Shades – best known for their insulating properties, these shades also have a variety of lift control options including top-down/bottom-up cellular shades
- Roman Shades – beautiful fabric raises (and lowers!) in elegant folds with top-down/bottom up roman shades
- Bamboo Shades – casual feel of natural woven materials with optional fabric liners for the look you want and the privacy and light control you need
- Pleated Shades – creased fabric shades offer distinct style you're sure to love
At Blindster, we are pleased to offer the versatility of bottom-up, top-down shades with quality materials and workmanship, at the best prices around. Check out our selection of top-down/bottom-up blinds, and feel free to order free color samples to help you decide which shade style is best for you.