Custom wood blinds add unparalleled warmth and class to your room, while matching perfectly to almost any decor. We make our wooden blinds from kiln-dried basswood, a lightweight, durable hardwood. Choose naturally insulating wood blinds in finely-painted or richly-stained colors for timeless elegance at exceptional prices.
Learn More about Woods:
See why custom wood blinds could be right for you
Custom Wood Blinds – A Timeless Classic
Horizontal wood blinds have been a popular and trusted window covering for decades, and it's easy to see their appeal:
- Horizontal slats provide adjustable light control and privacy, even at the same time by rotating the slats partway closed
- Open slats allow visibility to the outside without having to raise the entire blind
- Perennial good looks since wood blinds blend with your home's wood moulding, furniture and decor
- Durable wood blinds are easy to clean and easy to operate
- Today's wood blinds are even better, with updated features like cordless lift
Wood Blinds in coordinating paint colors or the beauty of natural grain
Wood blinds are available in a variety of colors, from smooth painted finishes to gorgeous stains that showcase the natural beauty of the wood. Here as some tips when considering colors for your new wood blinds:
- White wood blinds are our most popular selection since they blend in easily with any decor and provide a neutral backdrop for the rest of your furnishings
- Off-white and beige color choices let you soften the look of your blinds and can match similar paint tones on your walls or window trim
- Wood stain color options bring more focus to the blind, letting the wood stand out in a variety of popular wood tones
- Choose a wood stain color to coordinate with your furnishings or woodwork, or a contrasting color to accent your decor
- You can order free color samples from us to make sure you get the color you'll love
When to use wood blinds and when to use faux wood blinds
Wood blinds are long lasting, durable and easy to clean but they do have their limits. Since wood is a natural product, they can absorb moisture in humid environments and can warp over time, so we don't recommend them for steamy bathrooms or kitchens.
In those cases, faux wood blinds are a great choice since they don't react to humidity changes and have the same look for your windows. In fact, you can find similar colors of faux wood blinds as wood blinds, including paints and stains.